Volunteering at the Ouachita Challenge!
Riders, do you have family or friends that would like to help out with the Ouachita Challenge? Our maybe even yourself. If you can think of someone who would otherwise just be standing around waiting on you to get done with your ride or someone who wants to come to the event but does not want to participate then send them here to sign up.
We also need folks to volunteer as sweeps for both the Tour and the Race. There are a few things you should know about being a Sweep before volunteering.
- We ask that you be in good physical condition. This course is very demanding.
- You must have ridden this course before and know the course very well.
- As a Sweep you must be the last person on the course for a particular section. So you will have to ride as slow as the slowest person on the course. You cannot leave anyone behind.
- We usually try to double up on Sweeps so no one is riding alone, so if you have a buddy who might be interested let Ed know.
- You will be given a small pack containing tubes, a pump, patches and a First Aid kit so that you can help any distressed riders.
We only have a set number of Sweeps, so if you are interested hurry because these spots go really fast.