2021 Update to the Rules
- Can I supply mechanical support to my racer?
- Can I supply drink and food to my racer?
- If my racer needs a ride back to the school because of bike breakdown or fatigue, can I do that?
Yes, just let the course marshals know the name and number.
- Can I supply support to others besides my racer?
Yes, just follow the above guidelines.
The Ouachita Challenge is held in a "dry county" (no alcohol sales).
Also, the Oden Schools are a drug free environment.
Please respect these rules.
Be aware that we have a concussion awareness policy.
Please see following link for more information on concussions:
Schedule of Events:
- Saturday Morning - 6:00 am to 7:45 am- Breakfast of pancakes, cereal, bread, fruit, coffee etc. for Gravel riders and families- no charge for paid participants, their families, and Volunteers.
- Saturday Night - 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm- Dinner of High-Carb main dish, salad, drinks and dessert for riders and their families- no charge for paid participants, their families, or Volunteers.
- Sunday Morning - 6:00 am to 7:45 am- Breakfast of pancakes, cereal, bread, toast, fruit, coffee, etc for Race riders and their families- no charge for paid participants or Volunteers.
There will be a pre-event meeting at 7:45 am each day for final instructions.
Both the Gravel and the 60 mile Race will have 4 Aid/Food Stations which will provide water, energy drinks, fruit, energy bars, cookies, etc. as well as first aid supplies. PLEASE eat and drink; we want you to finish!.
Sign in for the Gravel will be on Friday from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm and on Saturday from 6:00 am to 7:45 am. Both will be at the Oden School Cafeteria.
Sign in for the Race will be on Saturday from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm and on Sunday from 6:00 am to 7:45 am. Both will be at the
Oden School Cafeteria.
Remember both the Gravel and the 60 mile Race start at 8:00 am
If you must sign in on the morning of your event please allow adequate
If you arrive in the Oden area without a motel reservation or campground space, there will be sleeping space available in the gym.
It will be open from early evening until 7 a.m. You will need a sleeping bag, pad, towel and good humor.
The gym will also be available for showers. Bring your own soap, shampoo etc. A small donation is requested (at least $3.00) for these services. All proceeds go to the school athletic fund.
Hours of operation and use rules will be posted at the gymnasium.
PLEASE show your appreciation of this wonderful service by obeying all rules!