Volunteering at the Ouachita Challenge!
Riders, do you have family or friends that would like to help out with the Ouachita Challenge? Our maybe even yourself. If you can think of someone who would otherwise just be standing around waiting on you to get done with your ride or someone who wants to come to the event but does not want to participate then send them here to sign up.
We also need folks to volunteer as sweeps for both the Tour and the Race. There are a few things you should know about being a Sweep before volunteering.
- We ask that you be in good physical condition. This course is very demanding.
- You must have ridden this course before and know the course very well.
- As a Sweep you must be the last person on the course for a particular section. So you will have to ride as slow as the slowest person on the course. You cannot leave anyone behind.
- We usually try to double up on Sweeps so no one is riding alone, so if you have a buddy who might be interested let Ed know. Contact Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be given a small pack containing tubes, a pump, patches and a First Aid kit so that you can help any distressed riders.
We only have a set number of Sweeps, so if you are interested hurry because these spots go really fast.
The Ouachita Challenge is operated by volunteers and we need a lot of them. Here is a list of a few of the jobs: course marshal, set up on Friday, tear down on Sunday, campus clean-up, goodie bag runner at Registration, photographer, Hammer gel pack distributor etc. By volunteering you will become an integral part of the weekend and not just a bystander. If you think one of these jobs fits your skills please contact Sue at least two weeks ahead of the event. Contact Sue at email@example.com.