2016 Update to the Rules
We had a strong negative response to 2014’s “No personal SAG/individual support” rule. This is a fun ride and in keeping with that theme, we are allowing personal/individual support at key points along the route. Safety is our major concern. We suggest support at Brushy Creek Rec. Area along Hwy 270. That’s the first Aid Station. Also we suggest support at Sims Fire Station on Hwy 88. Hee Gap is also a good support area. These are public places and racers and their support are not the only persons in the area. Please be careful when driving to these places. Please respect others that might not be involved with the race. Safety for the riders and support persons is our major concern.
- Can I supply mechanical support to my racer?
- Can I supply drink and food to my racer?
- If my racer needs a ride back to the school because of bike breakdown or fatigue, can I do that?
Yes, just let the course marshals know the name and number.
- Can I supply support to others besides my racer?
Yes, just follow the above guidelines.
The Ouachita Challenge is held in a "dry county" (no alcohol sales).
Also, the Oden Schools are a drug free environment.
Please respect these rules.
Be aware that we have a concussion awareness policy.
Please see following link for more information on concussions:
Schedule of Events:
- Saturday Morning - 6:00 am to 7:45 am- Breakfast of pancakes, cereal, bread, fruit, coffee etc. for Tour riders and families- no charge for paid participants, their families, and Volunteers
- Saturday Night - 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm- Dinner of High-Carb main dish, salad, drinks and dessert for both Tour and Race riders and their families- no charge for paid participants, their families, or Volunteers.
- Sunday Morning - 6:00 am to 7:45 am- Breakfast of pancakes, cereal, bread, toast, fruit, coffee, etc for Race riders and their families- no charge for paid participants or Volunteers.
Paid participants will receive 2 meal tickets for themselves (1 breakfast and 1 dinner) and upon request, 2 for another family member. Children eat free. Meals are free, Tickets are for our planning and accounting.
There will be a pre-event meeting at 7:45 am each day for final instructions.
Both the Tour and the 60 mile Race will have 4 Aid/Food Stations which will provide water, energy drinks, fruit, energy bars, cookies, etc. as well as first aid supplies. PLEASE eat and drink; we want you to finish!.
Sign in for the Tour will be on Friday from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm and on Saturday from 6:00 am to 7:45 am. Both will be at the Oden School Cafeteria.
Sign in for the Race will be on Saturday from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm and on Sunday from 6:00 am to 7:45 am. Both will be at the
Oden School Cafeteria.
Remember both the Tour and the 60 mile Race start at 8:00 am
If you must sign in on the morning of your event please allow adequate
If you arrive in the Oden area without a motel reservation or campground space, there will be sleeping space available in the gym.
It will be open from early evening until 7 a.m. You will need a sleeping bag, pad, towel and good humor.
The gym will also be available for showers. Bring your own soap, shampoo etc. A small donation is requested (at least $3.00) for these services. All proceeds go to the school athletic fund.
Hours of operation and use rules will be posted at the gymnasium.
PLEASE show your appreciation of this wonderful service by obeying all rules!